The Mechanical Engineering Graduate Student Organization (MEGSO) strives to promote positive communication, collaboration, and community within the Mechanical Engineering (MEEN) Graduate Program at Texas A&M University (TAMU). All students enrolled in the MEEN Graduate Program at TAMU are automatically considered members of MEGSO. All members are expected to uphold the Aggie Core Values: excellence, integrity, loyalty, respect, and selfless service. Each year, senior officers, namely the President, VP of Technical Affairs, VP of Communication, VP of Social Affairs, and Treasurer, are elected to represent the MEEN graduate student body, as well as provide useful events and resources. Junior officers are appointed to aid the senior officers in this effort. All officer roles are volunteer positions. Both social and technical events are planned and hosted each semester to facilitate community and collaboration and professional development, respectively. Some representative events include
– Regular on-campus socials with refreshments
– Semesterly BBQs/cookouts
– Game nights
– Annual poster competition
– Panels on qualifiers, fellowships/funding, and orientation topics
– Industry visits
The resources offered by MEGSO are tailored to assist prospective, incoming, and current MEEN graduate students in their academic endeavors. In addition, some resources are provided to aid in key lifestyle and recreation decisions (living, entertainment, etc.). A representative list of these resources is provided below.
TAMU MEEN graduate students interested in getting involved in MEGSO should reach out to one of our officers or complete the form on the Contact Us page.
- MEGSO Culture FestMEGSO will host its annual Culture Fest this fall on Wednesday, November 16, from 3-5 pm. Join us for great food, drinks, and more! The event will be held in MEOB 301. If you would like to represent a country, please complete the online registration form.
- MEGSO Panel on Fellowships & FundingMEGSO will host a panel on fellowships and other internal/external funding. Various national fellowships will be discussed, including NSF GRFP, DoD NDSEG, DoD SMART, and DoE SCGSR. Details on key (GAR, GAT, etc.) internal funding options will also be presented.
- MEGSO First Friday Lunch MeetingsMEGSO First Friday Lunch meetings will be held this fall! Pizza and coffee will be available to MEEN graduate students!
- MEGSO Annual Poster CompetitionMEGSO will host its Annual Poster Competition on Friday, January 27, from 1-3 pm! Registration will open in October. Please contact the MEGSO officers for any questions!